A visit to Mega Plaza-Bangkok

Discussions on stuff other than scale models
bandhav
Area Manager
Area Manager

A visit to Mega Plaza-Bangkok

Post by bandhav »

Visiting Bangkok is equivalent of a "Kid in toy store" for an adult man. This supposed to be a figurative figure of speech but as I was there with family, I had to opt for the literal meaning of it and I visited the coveted Mega Plaza. This place is "Awesomeness crammed in all 4 floor" of a mall. If you are a hobbyist, collector, pop culture fan this place is literally heaven. It was an onslaught on my visual senses, I was not able to process what I was seeing, I usually prefer to experience a place in person rather than mindlessly clicking pictures but on this occasion I made my phone camera work overtime to capture all the awesomeness to relive it all later.

The figurine game here is stronger than the metal used for making the Thor's Hammer. If you are a marvel fan then there are very high chances that you will experience a cardiac arrest due to happiness overdose. I have never ever seen such detailed Figurines, you name it and they have it, even characters like Pepper Potts, Mandarin etc.

I will let the pictures do the talking now.

Lambo Lover/Lambo Killer

channabasanna
Shop Manager
Shop Manager

Re: A visit to Mega Plaza-Bangkok

Post by channabasanna »

Thats a eye popper. Figurines which are very realistic.. You also have seen few in Singapore i believe. May be not much but one such mall called China Point was there 3 years ago, which had only figurines and toys shop. I was visiting these shops everyday as post lunch stroll, it was a treat to see the figurines.
Cheers :cheers:

Channabasanna S

varish_cartographer
Floor Manager
Floor Manager

Post by varish_cartographer »

How can we thank you enough for such a visual treat through this virtual tour! I am scrolling up and down since few minutes on this thread now and its just so awesome! The 1/6 Hot toys, Tamiya bikes and even those dinosaurs.. I would want to break-in to such a place coz there is just so much in the list of desire and so little in my pockets.
I know you have more pics. Keep them coming. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Hypernaut
Assistant Mechanic
Assistant Mechanic

Post by Hypernaut »

Wow! So many tempting items here, even an auto enthusiast, could end up buying superhero figurines!
Could you resist getting something for yourself or did you buy something from this maze?
In the hindsight, it is better to not have such stores in our neighborhood :tongue:
Still a Buster!

bandhav
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by bandhav »

channabasanna wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:49 am
Thats a eye popper. Figurines which are very realistic.. You also have seen few in Singapore i believe. May be not much but one such mall called China Point was there 3 years ago, which had only figurines and toys shop. I was visiting these shops everyday as post lunch stroll, it was a treat to see the figurines.
Can't recollect now about Singapore, visit to Nikko was the highlight of that trip.
varish_cartographer wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:37 am
How can we thank you enough for such a visual treat through this virtual tour! I am scrolling up and down since few minutes on this thread now and its just so awesome! The 1/6 Hot toys, Tamiya bikes and even those dinosaurs.. I would want to break-in to such a place coz there is just so much in the list of desire and so little in my pockets.
I know you have more pics. Keep them coming. :drool: :drool: :drool:
Even I was short on funds, I wanted to buy so many things but ended up buying only few Premium Hot Wheels, 1 1:18 Bikes etc.

I think I have few more images, will share those in subsequent posts.
Hypernaut wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:09 am
Wow! So many tempting items here, even an auto enthusiast, could end up buying superhero figurines!
Could you resist getting something for yourself or did you buy something from this maze?
In the hindsight, it is better to not have such stores in our neighborhood :tongue:
There was just so much to choose that I ended up not buying any superhero stuff. The detailed ones were anyway expensive.

It is truly a mecca in case you are in such stuff, it should be the part of your itinerary in case you are visiting Bangkok.
Lambo Lover/Lambo Killer

gvkcustoms

Post by gvkcustoms »

Damn man!! :drool: :drool:

I need me an Iron man figurine... Like NOW!! :rockon:

Please share what you bought from here @bandhav
.Instagram.......Facebook.............Flickr

ronydg

Post by ronydg »

Man, I was so psyched about going to the bangkok plaza myself this June but this damn situation ruined my trip! I had my budget set and my wife on standby to gift me an early Birthday gift :rofl: Oh well Money saved for more pre-orders! :hurrah: But kickass photos @bandhav Really love the colection there. If you had the chance what would you have picked from those?

bandhav
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by bandhav »

To be honest I really wanted to add so many of these as I was a new Marvel Fan then but yes if I have to pick one I would have opted for Iron Man figurine.
Lambo Lover/Lambo Killer

myscaledworld
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by myscaledworld »

@bandhav where exactly is this located in bangkok ??
myScaledWORLD
www.myscaledworld.com
Instagram @my_scaled_world
Facebook @myscaledworld

Motomini12
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by Motomini12 »

Those tamiya bikes :loveeyes:

Did you find any model kits too?

I knew some of very talented Thai bike modellers

bandhav
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by bandhav »

myscaledworld wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:10 am
@bandhav where exactly is this located in bangkok ??
It is in main city only, can't recall the exact nearby station, instructions to reach here in available online.
Lambo Lover/Lambo Killer

myscaledworld
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by myscaledworld »

@bandhav thanks. Shall keep this place in mind
myScaledWORLD
www.myscaledworld.com
Instagram @my_scaled_world
Facebook @myscaledworld

Return to “General Discussions”