Posting: How to upload a photo to a thread using a Flickr or similar account

Simple tutorials to help you understand how the forum works and to set up your Profile and your very first post.
admin 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting: How to upload a photo to a thread using a Flickr or similar account

Post by admin 1 »

Here is a short tutorial on how to upload/link a photo on a thread using 'BBcodes' from a Flickr (or any other photo sharing website) account

https://youtu.be/G3tq42gMIKg

Shahid Fazal
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Posting: How to uplaod a photo to a thread using a Flickr or similar account

Post by Shahid Fazal »

Any other way of uploading pictures.... As my Flickr account has exhausted it's limit of 1000 pics.

gvkcustoms

Re: Posting: How to uplaod a photo to a thread using a Flickr or similar account

Post by gvkcustoms »

Shahid Bhai, you can use any image hosting site that supports BBCodes.
Just remember to copy and paste the 'BBCodes' just like in flickr to this forum.

You can use any of the following suggestions:

1. Create a new Flickr account
2. Use any one of the following image hosting sites:
imgbb.com
imgur.com
imgshare.io

Again, remember to copy paste the 'BBCodes' only. any other links will not work.

:biggrin:
.Instagram.......Facebook.............Flickr

Shahid Fazal
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Shahid Fazal »

Thanks GVK🙏

karansharma8783
Mechanic
Mechanic

Post by karansharma8783 »

Hi, need help on image sharing as I have posted photos of my latest addition in the What did you get? topic twice but in both the posts the image is not showing. I have used imgshare.io and pasted the BBCode. Thanks.

gvkcustoms

Post by gvkcustoms »

karansharma8783 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:11 pm
Hi, need help on image sharing as I have posted photos of my latest addition in the What did you get? topic twice but in both the posts the image is not showing. I have used imgshare.io and pasted the BBCode. Thanks.
I've looked at the issue with the imgshare.io site.

This is the workaround:

When sharing the BBCode, simply remove the 's' from the https:// link and it should work.

Eg:

If the BBCose is [.img]https://xxxxxxxx.jpeg[/img]
just delete the s and the link becomes [.img]http://xxxxxxxx.jpeg[/img]

karansharma8783
Mechanic
Mechanic

Thanks Gaurav, have you edited my second post in the above mentioned thread as I can see the image now.

gvkcustoms

Post by gvkcustoms »

karansharma8783 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:32 pm
Thanks Gaurav, have you edited my second post in the above mentioned thread as I can see the image now.
Yes

karansharma8783
Mechanic
Mechanic

Re: Posting: How to upload a photo to a thread using a Flickr or similar account

I think several members are facing issues seeing pics I upload which I do using imgshare.io. I would like to use flickr but when I click on the "share" icon as shown in the tutorial video, I do not get a popup showing BBCode. Instead I get a mobile inbuilt popup giving me options to share it on messaging, newsfeed, whatsapp, etc. Pls suggest what other reliable image sharing platform should I use ?

ronydg

Re: Posting: How to upload a photo to a thread using a Flickr or similar account

Post by ronydg »

karansharma8783 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:47 am
I think several members are facing issues seeing pics I upload which I do using imgshare.io. I would like to use flickr but when I click on the "share" icon as shown in the tutorial video, I do not get a popup showing BBCode. Instead I get a mobile inbuilt popup giving me options to share it on messaging, newsfeed, whatsapp, etc. Pls suggest what other reliable image sharing platform should I use ?
Are you using the Mobile app or the website? Sadly Flickr has not kept the BBCode option on either of them. But @bandhav did find a hack to this! On mobile you can open the website, go to more option on your browser (On Chrome tap on the three dots) Then select the option (Request desktop site). By doing so, you should be able to see the BBcode option! It's easier when you open the desktop site in the landscape mode of your mobile. Flicker works best on a Desktop/Laptop. :ok:

karansharma8783
Mechanic
Mechanic

@ronydg thanks bro, this technique sure helps... Shifting to flickr now

Return to “Forum How Tos”